Here are five easy tips to save your skin from sun damage:
- Wear a hat. A wide brimmed hat is what I suggest. Not a baseball cap. A wide brimmed hat will shade your face and possibly even your neck. Incorporate gloves if you’re working outside or gardening.
- Apply a sunscreen every morning as a part of your daily routine. At least a 30 sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection. Apply on the face after moisturizer and before makeup. Also, apply to the body, especially the neck, chest and hands. These are areas that get exposure to the sun but generally get overlooked on a daily basis.
- When you’re on the beach or at the pool, take an umbrella or pick a spot with trees to offer you some shade.
- Swim or exercise outside in the morning or in the late afternoon
- If you plan on being in the sun for an extended amount of time, always reapply your sunscreen every hour and a half.