At Skintherapy, we dedicate ourselves to providing quality, individualized therapy tailored to meet your unique needs. No two people are the same, and neither are their struggles with acne. Whether you’re just starting your journey to clear skin or have been fighting the battle for a long time, our team of acne experts are here to help. We have proven experience in successfully controlling acne, helping you to be happier in your skin.
We understand that acne therapy involves more than a single appointment and new skincare products. We form long-term relationships with our clients, getting to know your lifestyle and assessing these factors help to customize a clearing plan. We adjust that plan as your skin adapts and improves, to ensure effectiveness over time. This individualized approach means that your skin gets clear, and will stay clear with this plan.
We know that our individualized approach to acne control works. We’ve helped many people achieve a clear and flawless complexion, but what we are most passionate about is watching our clients leave with a greater sense of confidence. At Skintherapy, we look forward to partnering with you on your path to new skin and, even more, a new you.
At the heart of our team is the founder of Skintherapy, Jil Goorman. Actively consulted in each patient’s treatment, and donning her signature pair of eyeglasses, you can’t miss her around the office. Jill started as a Master Esthetician in 2005 and quickly learned that her true calling is helping her clients control acne. She watched people spend thousands of dollars on unsuccessful acne remedies, only to end up back where they started. Determined to find a successful solution, Jil dove headlong into studying everything she could find on what causes acne and how to control it.
In 2010, Jil added certified Acne Expert to her resume. Her training includes the study of groundbreaking skincare research by Dr. James E. Fulton Jr., M.D., Ph.D., Mark Lees Ph.D., LE, Alan C. Logan ND, FRSH and Valori Treloar, MD, CNS, FAAD. Jil incorporates these leaders research and techniques into her individualized approach treatment, an essential aspect of helping clients achieve clear and flawless skin.
- It is standard business practice to hold your appointment with a credit card number. We want to know that you are as serious as we are about helping you have clear skin. Electronic storage of personal information and cardholder data follows all encryption and compliance PCI Security Council standards
- A 24-hour cancellation or rescheduling notice is required. To cancel or reschedule you can log into the booking portal at UtahAcneClinic.com or contact us by texting 801-800-6602. Our cancellation policy is strictly enforced. Cancellations without a 24 hour notice will be charged for the full appointment cost.
- No Show:You will be charged 100% of the appointment fee if you no show your appointment.
- Cancelling or Rescheduling without at least 24 hours notice:Last minute cancellations or reschedules do not allow us enough time to fill the appointment slot, therefore you will be charged 100% of your appointment fee. Exceptions will be made for illness and family emergency.
- If you become ill the day of your appointment please text us at 801-800-6602 so we can reschedule.
- Arriving Late:Your treatment time will be shortened to fit into the time you’ve allowed. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late your appointment is forfeited and you will be responsible for the appointment fee.
- Your appointment is your responsibility: While we offer email, text message, and phone reminders, failing to receive them or read them does not waive your responsibility for your appointment time. Parents, you are responsible for your minor children’s appointment times and the fees they may incur for not attending them.
- Please leave young children and siblings at home: We ask that you do not bring family members or young children with you to your appointments. If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by one parent. However, our office is small and cannot accommodate other siblings.
- A word about prospective clients ages 13-18: We have found that teen cases can be more difficult due to the lack in motivation and consistency with our program guidelines. To achieve clear skin our clients need to be 100% consistent with their home care and lifestyle changes. We have found over the past seven years that this can be difficult for this age group. Please understand these limitations and talk to your teen to make sure they can be 100% dedicated to the program before scheduling.
- Insurance: Our clinic does not process insurance claims or work with Health Insurance Companies. We are Skincare Professionals and Master Estheticians but not doctors. All services and product purchases are self-pay and due at the time of service.
- Supplements: Please be advised that we are not medical professionals. Any supplement information presented by Skintherapy Skincare and Acne Clinic is for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for any advice of a Medical Physician or qualified Health Care Provider. Skintherapy Skincare and Acne Clinic does not make any medical claims regarding the use of any supplement suggested. Always seek advice from your medical physician regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or treatment before starting any regime at Skintherapy Skincare and Acne Clinic
Our Commitment to Privacy
What Information Do We Collect?
In general, you can visit this website without identifying who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Information collected online can generally be categorized as anonymous or personally identifiable.
Anonymous information is information that cannot be connected to the identity of a specific individual. Personally identifiable information is information that specifically identifies a particular user, such as name, address (email of physical), or phone number. An example of anonymous information is the fact that, while this website may record the number of visits to a particular page that occur in a given period of time, it does not necessarily tell us the names or other identifying information of every visitor. Many users of this website will choose not to provide any personally identifiable information; therefore, those individuals are anonymous to us, and any data collected about their use of this website is anonymous information.
Automatic Anonymous Information
When you visit our site, we collect certain technical and routing information about your computer. For example, we log variables such as browser type, operating system and CPU speed, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your originating Internet Service Provider, to try to bring you the best possible service.
We also record search requests and results to try to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of our search engine. We use your IP address to track your use of the site, including pages visited and the time spent on each page. We collect this information and use it to measure the use of this website and to improve its content, performance and optimization.
All of the information that is automatically submitted to us by your browser is considered anonymous information. To the extent we share such information with third parties, it is not traceable to any particular user and will not be used to contact you.
How Do We Use Information We Collect?
We collect personally identifiable information only for providing the services you request, statistical studies, conducting marketing research, improving products and services, sending you surveys, and notifying you of new products, discounts and specials plus any other changes to our site or services that may affect you.
When you submit personally identifiable information to us, you understand that you are agreeing to allow us to access, store, and use that information for those purposes.
We will not sell or give any personally identifiable information to any third parties.
If at any time you do not wish to receive offers and e-mails from us, we ask that you tell us. You may remove your name from our mailing list by sending us an e-mail addressed to UtahAcneClinic@hotmail.com and indicating in the subject line “Take me off of Special Offers or E-mail from Skintherapy Inc.”
Alternatively, you may also use the “unsubscribe” link provided on all of our email communications with you.
We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary, and only authorized individuals have access to the personally identifiable information provided by our users. We do not, however, guarantee that unauthorized, inadvertent disclosure will never occur.
Transfer of Customer Information
Customer lists and information are properly considered assets of a business. We do not sell your information.